Former residence owned by the Spanish Captain Martin Calvo de la Puerta. There is no doubt it was one of the most beautiful houses during the colonization. It was the result of the mixture and reconstruction of two houses that were next door to each other; then later refurbished when some new elements and forms of the so-called “Cuban baroque style” were introduced. Its name –as the street where its façade faces to- is because it was established in 1669 by Martin Calvo de la Puerta de una Obra Pia, in order to provide economic support to five orphan ladies every year to have a family.
Type: Historic Cuba Museums.
Address: Calle Obrapía No. 158 esq. a Mercaderes. Ciudad de La Habana.