Silversmith Gregorio Tadares had his residence and workshop here since 1707. The current construction dates from the first quarter of the 19tf, century, having had diverse uses and proprietors since then. After 1959 a coinage workshop was established here. In 1996 it reopens its doors as Casa de la Orfebrería (House of Silver work), for exhibiting valuable collections of artistic pieces and just common use, which show the high quality of these works in Cuba. It is also the seat of the San Eloy Silversmith Congregation. A jewelry occupies part of the ground floor.
Type: Historic Cuba Museums.
Address: Calle Obispo No. 113 e/ Oficios y Mercaderes. Ciudad de La Habana.